1. "The Paddle"
I’ve seen many ice-breakers used in schools, camps, and meetings; these ice-breakers are used for getting a group used to calling each others’ names and maybe gaining a couple of key ideas about everyone. However, none were as personal or as revealing as the “Paddle”. This paddle represents her renewal as a woman and as a divorcee, of overcoming fear, and of reveling in the joy of being one of the watchees along the river rather than the sad sorts on the banks doing the watching. This personal account makes the entity of “Robin the teacher” into “Robin the personable” and has done more for gaining my attention and encouraged an ease of accessibility than many of my other professors have been able to do within a quarter or semester.
2. My Object: "The Backpack"
My object is my Backpack. This backpack is an orange and grey REI day hiker special that has a mini back pocket, two water pouches, and an unused waist straps. The orange wonder has gone everywhere with me and suffered through all the hardships of five years of everyday adventure. I would like to think that it represents a readiness for adventure and an ability to be potentially prepared for the worst that the day can throw at me. I have my novels if there are huge bus delays, I have space for a raincoat if the weather guessers are correct, I have storage for goodies found and bought along the way, and I have room for enough water to combat the heat of summer. Lastly, what it says about me, is that I am ready for an adventure and that one had better make itself revealed.
3: Four Questions for a Friday:
I’ve learned a proper application of Blogs and blogging in the classroom.
I am wondering about what signs students exhibit when I try to observe the engagement of all students in the lesson.
I am very anxious about creating a yearlong curriculum for a classroom. My future class may be 3rd grade, 4th grade or a split of 3rd and 4th; it will be decided on the fourth day of class, and watching my Master Teacher spin her wheels when trying to formulate a plan to deal with the unknown is causing me some anxiousness.
I am super excited for seeing the kids and classroom at work. It is going to be a crazy and neat experience.
4. Teacher Interview
pending...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks! The backpack shows that you are someone who is prepared to meet life's adventures head on. COOL!
ReplyDeleteHow do you prepare a yearlong curriculum?? One day at a time :)