1. Describe one thing that you learned.
Today I learned that a Curriculum guide is just a guide and the Standards are the key components that need to be taught. That makes many fears of Day 1 planning fade to the background.
2. What questions do you have and/or what do you still want to know?
I would like to know about teaching multi-level students in one classroom. Where and how do you divide your time, how do you make sure that the standards are being met while still challenging the over-achievers and scaffolding the barely-achievers.
3. What are you anxious about regarding student teaching/teaching?
I am anxious about dealing with issues of abuse. I have a few students in my class that have suffered all kinds of abuse. If it is a mother's abuse, how much leeway do you and can you give when times like Mother's Day, birthdays, and winter celebrations do you give? Do you wait for the meltdown and then adjust the curriculum then?
4. What are you excited about regarding student teaching/teaching?
I am excited to begin reading the stories with and to the kids. I am excited to open the doors of math to them. I am thrilled to try and get their attention and keep them engaged with the lesson. It is awesome to see these kids thoroughly engrossed with a task.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment