9/22
The sub is here today and my Master Teacher is out on a pre-planned birthday absence. The other third grade teacher was calling me for math materials and didn’t understand that my master teacher had not formulated a plan to deal with the activity books.
The special education teacher (an individual with imagined authority – interpreted quote) stomped into the classroom and told me that I had to get them done because the results and grading had to be done by Friday. Thank goodness I was planning for it already.
I observed the Sub’s teaching skills and helped out by giving her a heads up on the Master Teacher’s universal drink and bathroom gestures. I got to do my assessment while the sub took the six assessed students into the hallway.
I got a chance while walking the students back from recess to take a quiet boy and a shy girl and asked them to pick up the lunch garbage that had spilled out of the can in the hallway by the door. The rest of the class walked right past them and didn’t notice me telling them to pick it up. As soon as the class was settled, I publicly thanked those two students for their initiative and dedication to keeping the hallways clean and nice. They were then each allowed to push my Master Teacher’s Office Depot’s “That was easy” button. The class was so jealous of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment